Friday, May 1, 2009

What Jesus Didn't Teach

As a church, Hope's Point has been focusing on reaching others for Christ. We've focused our talks, sermons, small groups, and even our website around being "salt and light." So today I was catching up on some blogs and came across this (read the entire post here):

When Jesus began calling the first disciples into ministry, he used this phrase:

“Come, follow me, and I will show you how to fish for people!”

For whatever reason, I started thinking about what Jesus didn’t say to those first disciples.

He didn’t say: “Come, follow me, and I will teach you spiritual insights!”

He didn’t say: “Come, follow me, and I will show you how to worship together!”

He didn’t say: “Come, follow me, and I will gather you together in a home group!”

He didn’t say: “Come, follow me, and I will show you how to pray!”

He didn’t say: “Come, follow me, and I will make you members of the church!”

Gave me a new perspective on what our mission and focus should be. Thanks, Tony.


ST

No comments: