Saturday, May 30, 2009

Nine or One

This is my first graduating class here in Indiana. I've been here long enough to see this year's grads go from jr. high all the way through to high school, and I can't help but ask myself, "Did I do my job?" They are all going their separate ways--college, military, jobs--but will they be part of the 9 or the 1. Statistics show that 9 out of 10 high school students graduate from God when they graduate from high school.
I can't help but feel that I haven't done all I could to prepare them. I should have spent more time with them, invested in them, and taught them more. Ultimately the choice is there's. That sounds like a cop out but it isn't. I can't want something for them more than they want it for themselves.
God, guide them, keep them, use them.

ST

No comments: