Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Most Important Thing Today

I was extremely busy today and actually got most of my to-do list accomplished. I started off by updating the church's website and editing Pastor's sermon in order to upload it to the site. I then had a meeting discussing security/emergency procedures for the church (Sunday's incident in IL was a wake up call). Ran some errands before beginning premarital counseling with a soon-to-be-married couple.
All of these things are important and essential to the ministry I do here, but the most important thing I did today came when I got home.
As Rachel was cooking dinner I took Trent outside to ride his tricycle, which he normally pushes Flintstone style. Today I was able to put a new feather in my "Daddy" hat. I taught him to pedal his tric! As my chest puffed with pride and my grin widened by the second I realized that all the important things I do throughout the day take a back seat to my role as daddy to a little two-year-old boy. I choose to play the role that no one else can play over the role that anyone can play.

ST

P.S.
Photos will soon follow.

No comments: