Thursday, April 19, 2007

Rachel's B-Day

I'm hoping Rachel doesn't see this because she's having a hard time with this one. She was sad most of the day yesterday because it was her last day in her 20's (shhhhh).
We view the ominous 3-0 differently. I won't try to explain her reasons for not wanting to turn thi...that age. Instead I'll just give my outlook.
I've been having a hard time recently with people not taking me seriously. It's mainly because of my age. "Oh, you're still a kid!" is the attitude I get most of the time when I express my opinions or ideas. As I was discussing this with my pastor, he said something interesting: "It's now how long you've been on the road, but how far you've traveled." That was extremely encouraging! I don't mind turning 30 mainly because I'm hoping to be taken a little more seriously! I know, I know...it probably won't happen...but I can hope!

By the way, Rachel is not 30; she is 20-10.

ST

No comments: